I have been working on roughs for the first sequence to my comic book story. I have reworked this page several times and am finally getting to something that I like, and achieving something that works as far as effective storytelling. This is a perfect example showing why I work the way that I do. With roughs it is a lot easier to scrap an ineffective idea or page that is not executed properly when I have not put ten or more hours into it just to see that all the work I have put into the page doesn’t read effectively. As the writer and artist behind the page I have all the knowledge of the storyline in my head but I need the reader to be able to see what is going on without that knowledge, so with an improperly executed page the reader can easily be lost in confusion as to what is actually happening within those panels on that page.
I am hoping to start launching this project very soon. I have gotten far enough ahead with the introduction to this project in my head and roughed out enough panels and pages to begin working on actual finished work. This project will be released in segments as I complete them and continue through installments of these sequences as I progress through the story.
I am very much looking forward to this project and hope that you are as well!! I also am hoping that you are enjoying this behind the scenes progress content as an extra bonus to the project, as we are seeing it all coming to life!! Thanks so much for your support!!